The winners for the third annual African American Movie Critics Affiliation TV Honors have been introduced and Black excellence was on full show.
In accordance with The Wrap, HBO’s Lovecraft Nation and Amazon’s The Underground Railroad have been huge winners. Lovecraft Nation stars Jurnee Smollett and Jonathan Majors have been honored with the highest performing prizes. The Underground Railroad received for Greatest Restricted Sequence and Greatest Director class for Barry Jenkins.
OWN’s Queen Sugar was celebrated with the distinguished Influence Award.
Moreover, Queen Latifah‘s CBS present The Equalizer was celebrated with Greatest New Present.
AAFCA co-founder and president Gil Robertson in an announcement, “We’re most hopeful that the huge array of choices this 12 months level to a everlasting shift within the high quality and depth of storytelling capturing the Black expertise on tv. It’s a sturdy slate that we consider is reflective of a brand new regular concerning range and inclusion for TV.”
On Aug. 21, the awards will likely be given at a personal ceremony hosted by Yvette Nicole Brown. The occasion will happen open air on the California Yacht Membership in Marina Del Rey and solely absolutely vaccinated friends will likely be allowed to attend.
See the total record of winners beneath:
• Greatest Actress: Jurnee Smollett, Lovecraft Nation, HBO
• Greatest Actor: Jonathan Majors, Lovecraft Nation, HBO
• Greatest Drama: Queen Sugar, OWN
• Greatest Comedy: A Black Girl Sketch Present, HBO
• Greatest New Present: The Equalizer, CBS
• Greatest Restricted Sequence: The Underground Railroad, Amazon Prime Video
• Greatest Docuseries: Exterminate All of the Brutes, HBO and Excessive on the Hog: How African American Delicacies Reworked America, Netflix
• Greatest Writing: Queen Sugar, OWN
• Greatest Director: Barry Jenkins, The Underground Railroad, Amazon Prime Video
• Greatest Film: Sylvie’s Love, Amazon Prime Video